Lowongan S1 Hukum di Bank Muamalat Indonesia
7 Januari 2010
PT Bank Muamalat Indonesia Tbk was established in 24 Rabius Tsani 1412 H or November 1, 1991, endorsed by the Indonesian Council of
Ulemas (MUI) and the Government of Indonesia, and commenced operations in 27 Syawwal 1412 H or May 1, 1992. Supported by the Indonesian Association of Moslem Intellectuals (ICMI) and a group of Moslem entrepreneurs, the founding of Bank Muamalat also won the support of the general public, evidenced by a Rp 84 billion pledge for the purchase of the Bank’s shares on the date when the Articles of Association was signed. Thereafter, in a special meeting commemorating the founding at the Presidential Palace in Bogor, West Java, additional pledges from communities in West Java were raised to reach a total of Rp 106 billion.
On October 27, 1994, barely two years from its founding, Bank Muamalat received its license to operate as a Foreign Exchange Bank. This recognition strengthened the Bank’s position as the fi rst and leading sharia (Islamic) bank in Indonesia with a growing array of products and services.
In the late 90s, Indonesia was hit by a financial crisis which devastated most of the national economies in the Southeast Asia region. The national banking sector collapsed under the burden of corporate debt overhang, which also impacted Bank Muamalat. In 1998, our Non-Performing Financing (NPF) ratio exceeded 60%. The Bank endured a loss of Rp 105 billion, which brought our equity to its lowest level ever of Rp 39.3 billion, less than a third of our original paid up capital.
In an effort to strengthen its capital base, Bank Muamalat solicited for a potential investor, which was responded positively by the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. In the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Bank Muamalat on June 21, 1999, IDB offi cially became one of the shareholder of BMI. Thus, the period between 1999 and 2002 represents times of challenges as well as triumphs for Bank Muamalat. During this period, Bank Muamalat succeeded in reversing its fi nancial fortunes from loss back into profi tability. This is achieved through the dedicated hard work of the entire Muamalat Crew, supported by strong leadership, astute business strategy, and strict adherence to the principles of sharia in all aspects of its banking practice.
Through these diffi cult times, however, Bank Muamalat persevered and was triumphant. Starting with the appointment of a new management board which was composed exclusively by personnel promoted from within the Bank’s own ranks, Bank Muamalat proceeded to deploy a fi ve-year business plan which emphasizes on (i) non-reliance on further additional capital from shareholders, (ii) not resorting to a cutback from the existing personnel of the Bank, while also ensuring that any cost-effi ciency measures taken do not impinge on the rights of the Muamalat Crew, (iii) recovery of employee self-confi dence as the fi rst-year priority for the new Management of the Bank, (iv) second-year priority on building a new foundation of business growth through the strengthening of work discipline within Bank Muamalat, and (v) developing milestones in business achievements through the creation and pursuit of business opportunities in the third and succeeding years. With the Grace of Allah Rabbul Izzati, this plan ultimately brought Bank Muamalat to a new era of growth entering 2004 and onwards.
Up until year-end 2004, Bank Muamalat remained the leading sharia (Islamic) bank in the country with total assets of Rp 5.2 trillion, paid-up capital of Rp 269.7 billion and net profi t of Rp 48.4 billion for fi scal year 2004.
Work Location: Jakarta
* Contacting clients and gathering client’s supporting document
* Manage legal paper and documentation filing
* Prepares agreements
* Undertake review and legal drafting,handles agreement and represent the company in contract negotiation
* Ensure compliance with relevant Indonesia decrees,rules & requirements,law and regulations at all time
* Responsible for the legal matters of the company’s business operation.
* Draft and review of commercial contracts, agreements and other legal documents.
* Responsible for matters related to industrial dispute, lawsuit and arbitration.
* Male/Female, max ages 27
* Hold Min. S1 from reputable university from Law Graduate with GPA min 3.00
* banking experiences as a Legal Dept. Head in Banking/Notaries and/or Law Consultant would be an advantage
* Good knowledge and experience in trade finance, credit, operation and banking product
* Good knowledge in banking law, business, corporate law and legal structure finance
* Having experience in draft legal opinion and legal policy & standard document
* Excellent in English both verbal & written min EPT/TOEFL prediction score 400
* Hardworking and able to work under pressure
* Good in Team Work and socialize with others
Interested candidates please send your application via post to:
BANK MUAMALAT HEAD OFFICE
Jl. Jend. Sudirman No.2 Jakarta 10220
PO BOX 4931
Tel. (021) 251 1414/51